Monday, March 28, 2011

i heart faces Challenge - Slices of Life... and GTKY!



1. what inspires you? lots of things... the sun, newly bloomed flowers, brand new crayons, an empty SD card, a new action or texture, a favorite song. and people, too. people like Kelle Hampton and Beth Fletcher and Keli Hoskins. people like my younger brother and his friends.

2. what was the last thing you bought yourself? I had to get gas 2 days ago, does that count? Oh wait, I have a DD gift card, so I treated myself to store-bought coffee last Friday.

3. would you rather watch a movie in a theater or from the comfort of your own home? the comfort of my own home. theaters are only fun for 3D movies. I hate the smell of all the different snacks, and the kids running around, and people talking on their cell phones, and sticky floors. one hot mess.

4. household chore you don't mind doing? Believe it or not, laundry! I love the smell of clean clothing, and how everything is warm straight out of the dryer. I actually get sad when Jon does the laundry for me. I also don't mind cleaning toilets, even though most people hate it. I'm weird.

5. coffee or tea? Ah, depends on my mood. Usually tea in the early morning or late night. I never drink coffee later than 6 pm.

6. what could you eat every day and not get sick of?? sushi and pasta. I'm seriously craving sushi right now because I haven't had it in a few months.

7. what's the last book you read? Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. 2 months ago. I had planned to reread the series, but then I decided to take a random college course for professional development.

8. do you think you look you "look" your age? Nope. I have always looked younger than my age. I remember a teacher thought I was in 2nd grade when I was in 4th. Then, another kid (who was also my age) thought I was in 4th when I was in 6th. In high school, everyone thought I was about 12. In college, everyone thought I was in high school. I was even told to show my hall pass when I picked up my younger brother from his JUNIOR HIGH (6, 7, 8th grades). Now that I have graduated college (4 years ago), and am visiting high schools for my job, most people think I am still a college student. Some people even think I am a high school student when I walk through the hallways. I used to hate it, now I don't mind it. I hope I love it in 10 years!



And this is what you really came here for: a photo for the iheartfaces challenge this week, which is Slices of Life.



This is what you'll find Matt doing on a random sunny afternoon. Sitting at his desk, listening to music. That's Life for this kid.

Click on the button to see more entries!

3 comments:

fiddlehead said...

Great post and shot. love this slice of real life

Wendhy Jeffers said...

He looks very content :)

www.wendhyjeffers.com/blog

annies home said...

I agree I love doing laundry and having everything done up I really like hanging towels and linens outside when possible in summer time