Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Hanna Wedding | Hudson Valley Lifestyle Photographer

On July 20th, I received a few phone calls that kinda-sorta changed my business up. I wasn't planned on branching out into weddings; families and babies were my thing. But after speaking with Mike and hearing his story, I couldn't say no.


He and Tiffany have a lot on their plate right now, so wedding planning was a bit rushed and hectic. They simply have other priorities, and unfortunately, that meant that they were calling me the day before their wedding.


That didn't give me enough time to do what most wedding photographers do, such as meeting with them ahead of time, renting or buying needed equipment, learning posing, etc. It gave me just enough time to realize that I was actually excited about shooting a wedding. I was looking forward to the learning experience, and to seeing a wedding from a photographer's point of view.


My dad came along as my second shooter, and I was able to borrow some equipment from a mutual friend, but all of those details became irrelevant once the ceremony started. All day, all I could think about, was how much in love this couple is. It was written on their faces at all times.


I am so honored that I was able to capture such a special day for Mike & Tiffany, and I wish them the best of luck as they begin a long and happy life together!



You can see more photos on my facebook page HERE.

No comments: