Monday, November 15, 2010

Fun stuff!

A few weeks ago, I posted a photo of my best friend Caitlin and entered it into a photography contest hosted by Allie and Amy. the contest was The Window to The Soul and the theme was Eyes....



I got 2nd place!!



I am going to be guest posting on Allie's blog (http://alliereid.blogspot.com/) soon, so stay tuned!

Until then, check this out:

I published a new page on this blog called 30 by 30. If you look at the purple bar under my wedding countdown, this new page is on the far right.



This is my list of 30 things that I want to accomplish by age 30. To think that I am only 5 short years away being 30 years old kinda makes me queasy. I mean, didn't I just turn 21 yesterday? And it was only last week that I had a Sweet 16 party.

I know I'm not exactly rushing through life, but I'm not just sitting around, wasting my life either. I'm living free and enjoying my life (although I AM a bit anxious to start my own family). This is my way of enjoying it even more.

The 30 things on my list are there because I want the experience. I crave the rush of adventure, the magical sensation of seeing or feeling something I've never felt before. The natural high that comes from that sort of experience is what truly makes me feel alive.


So, what do you think of the things on my list?
Are any of them experiences that you, too, want to undertake?
Have you already lived through any of these adventures?
Tell me, please!

3 comments:

brlracincwgrl said...

I think your list is fabulous! Good luck :).

Great photo, too!

Manicured Teacher said...

I think your list is great! I need to do one of these now that I am 25.

Oh and two things:
1) I am pretty sure that you cannot go to the top of the Statue of Liberty anymore =(
2) You don't have to operate your DSLR on manual mode at all times to be a photographer. Set your camera to aperture priority most of the time and you will still be making the shot.

Lisa Gordon said...

What a fantastic and wonderfully exciting list! I look forward to seeing your posts as you do each one!

lisa.