Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Texture Tuesday - Warm Sun

Kim Klassen of Kim Klassen Cafe has started a new texture linkup on Tuesday's. CLICK HERE for more info. I absolutely love her unique textures, and eagerly look forward to her weekly email with free textures.

This week, she wants us to use her texture, Warm Sun. I chose an already warm photo of some sunny flowers.



I only have one layer of texture on this photo:

(I forgot to write down my exact opacity for each layer.)


I added the screen layer on top of the texture to brighten up the flowers a bit, and used a soft brush to erase some of the brightness around the edges to create a pseudo-vignette. I kinda wish I had upped the opacity a bit more, because the whole photo is still a little too dark for my taste.


What do you think, too dark or just right?


kimklassencafe

3 comments:

NatureFootstep said...

it looks good to me :)

Serline said...

Since the texture is "warm Sun", I think still a little too dark...

Marilyn said...

Nice work. Love the results.