Thursday, April 14, 2011

Things I Love on Thursday - 4.14.11

I always want to share things with my fellow bloggers, so I try to mix them in with my regular posts. But I get so disorganized, and I can never remember what I have (or haven't) posted. So I am going to do what some other bloggers do and post it once a week. It'll be
Things I Love on Thursday.



First up is music. I really love the song Rolling In The Deep by Adele. She's truly gorgeous, and so is her voice! The video is kinda cool, if you have a few minutes to watch. Otherwise, click play below and read on.



A blog that I have been reading for a few months that I really love is Coffee Rings Everywhere. I know the author though HPANA, and she is a powerful writer. Saying that doesn't give her enough credit. Go read some of her drabbles and you'll see what I mean.

I got my wedding invite proof and I love how it looks! I resized it to fit here, so it looks a little hinky, but you get the idea, right?



I covered up my family's last name, my future FIL's first name, my middle name, Jon's middle name, and the location of our reception, for privacy's sake. I did not put the location of our ceremony on the invite because there is a 90% chance that it will be at one spot, and the 10% chance that it will be elsewhere. I am going to make my own inserts for the location of the ceremony. There isn't going to be a reception insert, just the RSVP card and the little envelope to mail it back.

And yea, one of the theme colors for our wedding is red. It's going to look so freakin' awesome!

I do love the website where I found our invites - www.exclusivelyweddings.com*. They have countless options for invites, with so many different colors and themes and designs. I went with something clean and simple, but they have the elaborate designs, too. We also picked out gifts for bridal party people on this site, and they have free personalization for many gifts, which any bride on a budget will definitely love!

On a side note, did any NCIS fans notice my use of the word "hinky" earlier? Jon and I love NCIS! We love watching TV on DVD, and we've gone through both Big Bang Theory and The Office twice, so we started in on NCIS, and we're about halfway through season 3. DVD's can get pretty pricey, especially when you're buying whole seasons of TV shows, so our netflix instant queue (watching online and on our wii) is pretty much chock-full of various TV shows. Bonus LOVE: we save boatloads of cash by only paying $14 a month for basic cable.

44: I Heart Netflix
(Source)


On my list of favorite TV characters, Abby from NCIS ranks just as high as Olivia Benson from Law & Order: SVU and Pam from The Office. And she's definitely higher than Penny from Big Bang Theory, mainly because Abby's uber-smart and Penny's kinda dumb sometimes.



And I love Ziva from NCIS, too, but mainly just because Cote de Pablo is hot.



Okay, that's enough of the things I love for today. I have good news to share with everyone next week, so stay tuned!


*This website has no idea who I am or how much I love their stuff (and their prices!). I did not receive any compensation for stating my opinion.

3 comments:

brlracincwgrl said...

I adore Adele! :). I'm actually sitting at work listening to her!

Rayna Natasha Iyer said...

Thank you so much, Amy. I have been really scarce recently, which is why I have not commented, but I do remember checking out your colour splash recently.
And that card looks awesome- you are going to have one great ceremony!

Sweepy said...

Woof Amy!
You're getting married?!! Well, this dawgy friend of yours is coming, invited or not. I can bear your rings but better the wedding cake. I can also hold your gowns tail for you but excuse the drools and most of all, I can take all your wedding pictures for you, except that they will all be in drooly CSS! Woof!

Will you find time in yer honeymoon for CSS? Now that I made it into the top 3, I am going for the top 1! Hang on!