Sunday, February 07, 2010

A Blogging Teacher

I've been slacking in the blogging area. My apologies to my 2 followers. And 2 non-blogging followers. Erm... I need more friends.

I wanted to chat a bit about a blog that I've been following. It's Teacher Tom. I found him from someone else's blog when she had commented on on of my posts. (Yes, I read every single comment I get and then comment on each person's blog.) He works at a co-op preschool, and so he has some great strategies and techniques for dealing with little ones under the age of 5. I love his Little World idea, not to mention all the creativity and hands-on activities that he does with the toddlers.

I'm in the stage right now that every little tip and idea that I MIGHT use in the future, I make note of. I've got a notebook filled with wedding planning ideas and bookmarked websites that cover everything from moving cross-country to baby names and from dolling websites to job openings. So, while reading Teacher Tom's blog, I've decided: I'm sending my unborn babies to co-op preschool. Obviously, I plan on beginning their language and literacy development early on, but I know very little about social and emotional development before grade 1. (My undergrad fieldwork didn't include preK or K, so my only experience is babysitting and one summer working at a preschool.)

Now I just have to get married and have babies.

I wish it was that easy! I have no money.

Gosh, I'm good at digressing. I should just end this now, before I go horribly off-topic and put my 4 followers to sleep. I'll end with a picture, because I read somewhere that blog posts without pictures are boring.




This is me at age 3ish with 2 friends. So cute, I can't even take it. I'm rocking a crown, Kate is wearing a hoochie outfit, and Lori has a tutu on her head.

One of my unborn babies better be a girl.

1 comment:

Teacher Tom said...

Thank you for the kind words! I hope you do find yourself in a co-op one day. As far as I'm concerned, it's the best way to teach young children. Many of my families move on to a local cooperative primary school. As the parent of a middle schooler, I'm not so sure they'd be thrilled with having their parents around all day, but there might be a way to tweak the model to fit MS . . .

Cute picture!