Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturday night

I've long since outgrown the phase of "I can't be stuck home on a Saturday night, that's just not cool!" I could care less. Sure, there are plenty of people my age who are out partying right now, or getting ready to party, but I'm so done with that. That stage of my life was relatively short and sweet, and I enjoyed it, but I am SO glad it's over.

What's bugging me now is that I had planned to write a paper today. It's a very easy paper: 2-3 pages of a literacy lesson observation. I could write it in my sleep. However, apparently my immune system decided it would be fun to let some germies take up residence in my sinuses. This is not the worst I've felt lately, as another sinus infection right before Christmas incapacitated me for 2 days. I'm well enough to totter around my house, build a fire in the fireplace, and curl up in an armchair with a good book. (Quick side-note: I get to meet Cassandra Clare in a week and a half.) But I am nowhere near well enough to concentrate on sitting down and writing a coherent, well thought out, organized paper. I already know this blog post isn't coherent, so this is proof enough right here.

Speaking of a lack of focus, I've been noticing a shift in my attention to tasks. I've always been able to multitask among larger scale tasks, such as class, work, cheerleading, etc. Heck, I had 5 part-time jobs in my senior year of college, I cheered on an Open team, I did my student teaching, and I made Dean's List. Even during my first 2 years of grad school, I haven't had any issues whatsoever with juggling classes, full-time job, and boyfriend. Suddenly, this semester, my LAST one, I'm really finding it hard to be able to do everything at once. When I'm at the office, I'm pressured and distracted by lessons and planning for my practicum. When I'm tutoring for my practicum, I'm pressured and distracted by my work tasks. This is an unusual feeling for me, so I'm having difficulties dealing. I long for graduation to come so I will be able to concentrate fully on my job, since I will never be able to just go to school without working, like I did freshman year of college. Oh, such a care-free life.

No picture today, I'm sorry, but I just don't have the energy to do any editing, or even to sort through all my folders to find something cute/meaningful/inspiring/etc. Here's to Nyquil and a box of tissues!

No comments: