Monday, February 01, 2010

i heart faces Challenge - Places I Love

Places I love to go, where I can love and be loved, and be happy.

The first one is the beach. I've already emphasized my love for the beach, but you might as well get used to it. I take entirely too many pictures at the beach, so I have plenty to share. I love being there because of the sounds (waves, wind, happy people, nature), the sights (waves, happy people, nature, the horizon), the smells (salt water, fresh air), and the textures (waves, wind, salt water, sand). This is Jon and I in Daytona during our last Florida trip - August 2008.
Now, because this challenge isn't being judged, the next 2 pictures don't have faces. But they are places I love, for sure! So, we have NYC. Being only an hour away from "the city" means I go as often as I can, but not as often as I should. Last time, Jon and I went to MOMA for the Tim Burton exhibit. It was amazing. We've also gone to several Broadway shows (when we can find tickets for reasonable prices) and we've stayed in high-class hotels (when Jon can get a discount). I love that the opportunities for people-watching are endless. The stores are extravagant. The views of the sky in between the skyscrapers are gorgeous.

The next one without a face is a place I miss - DisneyWorld. I went when I was kid, and I barely remember it. When Jon brought me there again, I truly felt like I was 4 years old again. It's definitely the one place that anyone can act like a kid, and won't look like a idiot. I grew up with the Princesses (Ariel is my fave), so every Disney trip requires photos with Cinderella, Belle, Ariel, and anyone else who interests me. I also love the food at all of the parks - so many choices, so much variety, and it usually tastes pretty good, too. But my favorite part is below - seeing Cinderella's castle (I want to go IN it), and seeing the fireworks.



So, since Jon has been an integral part of the places I love,
I decided this:
Anywhere I go, as long as I'm with him, I'm happy.




3 comments:

Lena said...

Lovely photos!
I might actually go to the Tim Burton exhibit this Friday, glad to hear a good review!

Anonymous said...

Great photos - that first one of the two of you is lovely.

SBSAKE Photography said...

Wow those are great! love the sky in the one of the building. Also love the Disney one!!