Friday, March 26, 2010

Photo Story Friday - I'm a bird of paradise

A drabble, apparently, is a story written in exactly 100 words. (Thanks, Tami!) Since I've been neglecting my writing, I've decided that PSF is the perfect time for me to refine my skills. Drabbling will (hopefully) boost my clarity and conciseness. So, here goes!

I wore this shirt to dinner. I like the colors and how it doesn't draw too much attention. Jon saw it; he said, "So, you’re a bird?" I giggled and I said, not unkindly, "Honey, it means I'm one of a kind." He nodded, but looked confused. He thought for a minute, and then he smiled and nodded again. “Yes, you are.” Well, duh! I knew that, or else I wouldn’t have bought the shirt. And if I didn’t know, I certainly wouldn’t be so confident about our relationship. Confidence is key, my dear; it keeps a love life exciting.

PhotoStory Friday
Hosted by Cecily and Momma

1 comment:

Cecily R said...

Fantastic! Love the shirt, love the confidence, love the dialogue between you and Jon. Sounds like something that would happen between me and MY Jon. Although I have to say, I don't think I could get away with that shirt...looks fantastic on you!

Drabble. Such a great word!