Monday, April 05, 2010

i heart faces Challenge - Dessert Recipes



The ladies over at i♥faces are taking this week off from picking top photos. Instead of challenging ourselves by taking various pictures of faces, we get to photograph food. And not just any food, but dessert! The best meal of the day. This week will be the recipe, and next week will be the actual challenge.

I love dessert - brownies, cookies, cake, pie... I love it all. One of my favorites is peach cobbler. My mom used to make this all the time. Now that I can make it myself, I love it even more! And I don't even mind making it. It smells delicious and it's quick.

Peach Cobbler


3/4 cup sugar
3 tbsp flour
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
dash of salt
~5 cups frozen sliced peaches
2 1/4 cups Bisquick
2/3 cup milk
2 tbsp margarine
2 tbsp colored sugar (to sprinkle on top)

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease baking dish - 11x7, or 2 quart shallow casserole. Mix 3/4 cup sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt in a 2 quart saucepan.



Stir in peaches. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat; keep warm.



Mix Bisquick and milk until soft dough forms.



Pour peach mixture into baking dish. Dot with margarine. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto warm peach mixture. Sprinkle with colored sugar.



Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until topping is light brown and peach mixture is bubbly. Yum!



*A note - I used red and green colored sugar because it's all I could find. You can also use plain granulated sugar instead.

2 comments:

Katy said...

Mmmm...I love peach cobbler! This looks delicious!

Mrs Mar said...

Wounding what the equvilet to Bisquick would be here, this looks good, love peaches.

So many recapies from the US have finnished things in them that we can't get here, but then creamcheese is hard enough to find...