Monday, August 23, 2010

Catching Up...

I had 700+ unread posts in my Google Reader. It has taken me 4 days (since I didn't do any reading on Saturday) to get it down to just 5 unread posts. I haven't really been commenting much, but I do hope to get back to regular commenting within a few days. So, I AM reading, even if you don't hear from me.

The reason I didn't do any reading on Saturday is that Jon and I had our engagement party. It was a backyard barbecue at my parents' house with a beachy theme. It was so nice to have all of my bridesmaids together, since one of them is my cousin that lives in NJ and I only get to see her 2-3 times a year. It was a wonderful day full of love and laughter. I wish I could have an engagement party every weekend! I never shared our engagement photos, so here are my favorites:









As I've mentioned before, I travel A LOT for work. I cover the entire state of Connecticut on my own, as well as the western half of Massachusetts. My territory has been expanded this year to include Rhode Island and New Hampshire, and my MA area was shifted further east. I start going out on the road on September 13th, and I don't end until Thanksgiving. Depending on how many events I am attending, and the internet at my hotels, blog posts from me will be either very often, or few and far between. I kinda went cold turkey on memes and photo challenges. Remember when I used to enter 7 or 8 a week? Well, I haven't entered one in almost 2 weeks! It certainly has been hard to avoid them, but I need to get used to it. Those 11 weeks of travel will be here before I know it, and I certainly won't have as much time at my computer as I do now.

Getting to know YOU


1. If you could host a Reality TV show, which one would it be? Big Brother! I watched that show when it first started. I don't anymore, but it's the most interesting show to me. Or America's Next Top Model. ANTM marathons are perfect for lazy days.

2. Do you put your seatbelt on before or after you start the car? Usually after, but sometimes I get distracted and try to start driving before I even take my keys out of my purse.

3. Shave or hair removal cream? The hair removal creams all smell just awful, so I'll stick with shaving for now... Until I can get it all laser-removed!

4. What's your favorite feature in a house? New-ish appliances and updated bathrooms.

5. What is your favorite "Fall" scent? Wood smoke.

6. What tv show are you looking forward to seeing the most this Fall?? In the fall, I watch Family Guy and Hoarding: Buried Alive, and ANTM (if it's a new cycle).

7. Personal Shopper or Personal Chef? Chef. I can shop just fine on my own, THANKYOUVERYMUCH.

8. What is the first word that comes to mind when you think of "Fall"? Leaves changing colors.... Oops, that's 3 words. Sooo, just 'leaves.'

3 comments:

Mrs Mar said...

Love the photo with the clouds. LOL, I have a hard time catchng up if I have 15 post in my google reading and I am a stay at home mum...

Manicured Teacher said...

You guys are so cute! Welcome back! I had no idea you traveled so much, that must be hard.

Elly Yang said...

Wow, the ring is so pretty! I liked this sentence you wrote 'I wish I could have an engagement party every weekend' because I can tell it must be very memorable, beautiful, and lots of fun.