Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Happy Monday - Yellow... And some interior decorating!



I took this in a hotel bathroom. Entering it into Allie's Happy Monday photo challenge because the theme is Yellow.



Here's another photo from this shoot:



I absolutely love when hotels put 2 mirrors across from each other! So much fun! See my head in the corner? It makes me laugh.

Speaking of bathrooms, I've finally finished decorating the guest bathroom in our condo. (I actually finished it a couple of weeks ago, but I never got around to posting photos.) It's all blue and green and bright.

Ta-Da!



The curtain is from BB&B, but it's a few years old and I think it's been discontinued. The frames are all from Target, as is the bath mat, and the photos are my own. The white shelf is also from Target, and I have another smaller one that was going to go about 6 inches above it, but I didn't like how it looked. I'm considering putting it about 12 inches above the toilet, and putting a tissue box on it.

There is a lot of white space above the shower that I was okay with at first, but I don't like it anymore. I am going to go get 3 square frames, probably white and probably from Target, and put some blue & green scrapbook paper in them.




Next up is the bedroom. I finally found and bought a bedding set (on sale 60% off at Macy's!) with the colors that I want, and I am researching making some vinyl wall art. I found some designs that I like, but I want to be able to customize it. The colors I want are basically blue (kinda periwinkle) and brown (one light shade and one dark shade). This is all based on a framed quote that my aunt gave me for Christmas.

After that will be the dining room. I have a collage wall all planned out with black and white photos, and I am going to use gold accents. We don't have a table and chairs yet, but we know what type of wood we want. We are not planning to invest in furniture until after the wedding (which is suddenly less than 6 months away).

The living room connects directly to the dining room without any wall dividers, but we've arranged our furniture in a way that separates the 2 areas. I haven't quite narrowed down what I want to do in the living room yet, but I have some ideas. My loose design is based around a wall hanging that my friend gave me for Christmas.

The second bedroom is our guest bedroom/computer room (neither one of us really needs a home office). I'm hoping it will be a nursery in the next few years, so I have no plans to really decorate. Same with the master bath, no plans to decorate, reason being that no one sees it except for me and Jon.

And last but not least, the kitchen! It gets very little natural light because it's kinda long and narrow, and the only window faces out onto our entrance way, so we keep the blinds only slightly open. Combined with the dark cabinets and plain white wall, it is a very dreary room. I am going to try to brighten it up by adding yellow curtains and accents. I don't foresee doing much in there until after the wedding.

I've been doing all of this slowly. I don't want to settle for any random decorations; I want to make this little condo into a home that I love.

3 comments:

Melis said...

LOVE what you did with the bathroom!!! Good luck with the kitchen... :-/ Maybe take down the cabinet doors and paint them white? That's a tough job... Hm. I can't wait to come see how it looks in person (and to let the rugrats destroy it all! ;o) )

allie k reid said...

Great pictures! Thanks for linking up to Happy Monday! :)

Hart Johnson said...

You have a GUEST bath? For two people? Lucky! My family of 4 shares one (and one of us is a teenage girl). Love the decor! And I like that mirror thing, too.