Thursday, February 03, 2011

A favor... And Before & After. And Simplicity.

I entered the i♥faces Best Face of January 2011 photo challenge. My entry can be seen HERE.

I would really, really, REALLY appreciate if you could go vote for me! That is, if you haven't used up your 10 votes on all of the other amazing faces.

My entry is #220! CLICK HERE to go vote!

Thank you kindly.

And now for Before & After with Monica over at Pixel Perfect, featuring a photo that I am submitting into Faith's Simplicity Photo Challenge. The theme this week is Vintage.

Here is the before and after comparison:



And the larger after shot:


This photo was shot with my Samsung SL620 and edited with pse8. I used an action set from Isabelle Lafrance. It was the brown wash action (tweaked to my taste) of her Soulful Museum set, which can be found HERE on her freebie page. I really love her sets and I use them constantly, since I haven't figured out how to recreate them on my own.

10 comments:

Jessica said...

Love the Hogsmeade picture! I'm hoping to get down there sometime soon!!

Mommy2Four said...

Love that! Checking out her freebie page now too! Thanks!

Daniele Valois said...

This looks great. We were there a couple months ago and I am still wondering what to do with my photos. It was so hard to get good daytime shots because it was so crowded, so most of mine are from night! I got some great shots of the castle with my fisheye though! :D

Charlene said...

I love all those chimneys...very cool!

allie k reid said...

Love that picture! :)

Angela said...

I really love this edit and the photo, so interesting and the processing makes it even more perfect!

Rachel~Wildflower Photography Studio and Wildflower Creative said...

Oh my goodness...so lovely! Nice capture! :)

Hart Johnson said...

Ack! I missed voting! That's what I get for running a day late. Love the Hogsmeade photo! Man, I wish I could go...

Pixel Perfect said...

I love your edit!!

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE it!!